Learn more about Google Analytics:
1) About Views
2) Three things to remember about Views
- Views are not retroactive
- Always keep the raw data (keep original intact)
- Test before implementing - create a view and test your filters on it to make sure it works.
3) For SaaS projects - exclude dev's from localhost
If you go to:
a) Behavior > Site Content > All Pages
b) Now apply a secondary dimension of 'Hostname" from Behavior
If you see 'localhost' than your want to remove this data.
c) Create a new filter > exclude > traffic to the hostname > localhost.
NOTE: Filter effects are permanent, meaning once a filter is applied that data is GONE! so make sure not to apply to 'All Website Data' or only apply to it after you have tested it on another.